The SchuF Group designs and manufactures industrial valves that control, isolate, divert, or sample gases, liquids, slurries or powders.
Our range of industrial valves are ideal for difficult or severe service conditions found in the chemical, petrochemical, polymer, oil, gas, refining and offshore industries.
- SCHUF Valves
- Disc Drain Valves - Bottom Outlet Valves
- Piston Drain Valves - Bottom Outlet Valves
- Lift Plug Valves
- Diverter Valves - 3, 4, 5, multi-way valve
- ManiFlow Selector Valve
- Sampling Valves & Sample Valve Solutions
- Automatic Recirculation Valve
- Angle Control valve solutions for process flow, level control or pressure letdown
- Y Globe Valves
- Spray Rinse Valves
- Line Blind Valves – Cam-Set, Cam-Slide & Stacey
- Valves for Alumina Production
- In- Tank Emergency Shut-off Valves
- Changeover Valve / Selector Valve
Disc Drain Valves - Bottom Outlet Valves
SchuF is the inventor (in 1923) of the Disc drain valve (Bottom Outlet Valve - BOV). They are ideal for draining tanks, reactors or pipelines containing non viscous media. They are widely used in the Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemicals, Biochemical, and mineral refining industries.
Disc Valve Model Numbers: Model 18 + Model 24 are disc lowering variants Model 19 + Model 25 are disc rising variants
Disc valve applications - as Drain valves or Feeding valves: Disc valves are most commonly used for the dead space free draining and feeding of vessels, reactors and pipelines. They are especially suited to low viscosity materials, or where slower vessel drainage is unproblematic. The shorter stroke results in smaller, lighter and faster actuators, saving cost and weight. The disc rising valve is normally a flow to close design, aiding sealing performance. The disc lowering valve Model 24 can be used on vessels with agitators as it is non intrusive. They are also widely used for driers, mixers, and filters.
Key Characteristics of SchuF Disc Drain Valves:
* Available as a disc lowering or disc raising valve
* Designed to allow complete draining of the vessel and valve
* No Deadspace, no sharp corners or edges
* No leakage to atmosphere options (with stuffing box, metal/PTFE bellow or diaphragm seal to atmosphere)
* Zero contamination features – Sterile valve also available
* All valves have a Positive seal
* Cleaning in service through flushing port(s)
Piston Drain Valves - Bottom Outlet Valves
SchuF is the inventor of the Piston Bottom Outlet Valve (Patent received in 1926). They are most commonly used to quickly drain or inject media into or out of vessels, tanks or reactors.
Applications for Piston/Ram Valves: Piston or Ram valves are most commonly used for dead space free draining and feeding of vessels, reactors and pipelines. They are particularly suited to highly viscous materials, or where rapid vessel drainage is important. They are widely used in the Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemicals, Petrochemical, Polymer, and Mineral Processing industries.
Ram Valve Model Numbers: Model Numbers 15, 26 and 28
Key Characteristics of SchuF Ram Valves
* All valves have full nominal bore
* Available with 45°, 60°, or 90 degree outlet angle in the body
* Modular design * Sealing to atmosphere always with adjustable loaded stuffing box
* Valves have exchangeable seats
* LeakTight © Sealing due to special SchuF process of manufacturing
* A flushing connection is provided as standard * Available with either Radial or Positive seal
Sizing Piston Valves and Material Choice Depending on application, sizes from half inch to 24 inch and larger on request.
Flush Bottom Piston Valves are available in all materials including cast-steel, stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium, Zirconium and others.
Lift Plug Valves
SchuF is the inventor of the Lift Plug Valve - the first double block and bleed switch and/or isolation valve. The original patent was received in 1914. Today, the Lift Plug is widely used in the Chemical, Refinery (including Delayed Coking, Hydrocracking, and Visbreaking), Polymer, Cement, Power and Mining industries.
Lift Plug Valve Applications: Its simple and rugged design makes it suitable for severe applications at high temperatures or with highly abrasive or erosive materials. In the Delayed Coking industry, the SchuF lift Plug is utilised as a an Isolation and Switch valve. In visbreaking, cracking, hydroprocessing, distillation and deasphalting refinerary applications, the lift plug has proven to be an ideal isolation valve with many advantages over traditional ball valves and t-pieces.
Characteristics of SchuF Plug Valves:
* Available with 2, 3 or 4 outlets
* Seat seal design ensures a perfect seal
* Seals are not worn during operation
* No dead spaces * Integral Block and Bleed
* Available in high temperature and pressure designs
* Electric, pneumatic, and hydraulic actuation available
* Straight or Inverted Plug, full or reduced bore, round or oval
* Top or bottom entry for easy maintenance
Diverter Valves - 3, 4, 5, multi-way valve
SchuF designs and manufactures advanced dead and slow space free diverter valves for switching critical processes and difficult media. They are often referred to as 3-way valves, 4-way valves, multi-way valves, or switching valves.
Industries using Multiway Valves: Many of our multiport diverter valves are designed for critical processes and are ideal for severe applications. They are widely used in the PTA, Petrochemical, Polymer & Plastics, as well as Refinery industries. They are particularly suited to applications with highly viscous media or processes that have to continuously back flush their process lines. Switching Valve Applications They are mostly used to split or combine process flows or to switch medium between alternative pieces of process equipment such as pumps, filters, or complete pipelines. With control functionality on one or more outlets constant flow to sensitive parts such as spinning heads can be maintained by varying flow to less sensitive parts such as dye heads. They function in severe operating conditions with high flow rates, high pressure or temperature variants, and in vacuum conditions. In the refinery, diverter valves have been installed in vacuum distillation units (VDU) at the bottom of vacuum towers. The highly viscous vacuum residue can clog ball valves and t-pieces and typically requires the lines to be constantly back flushed.
Key Characteristics of SchuF Diverter Valves:
* 3,4,5,6 Way Diverter Valve options (or more on request)
* Dead space free
* Positive Sealing
* Replaces "T-Piece and ball valve combinations" for better end product and higher plant efficiency
* Weld end, flange or hub connections
* Available with electric, hydraulic or pneumatic actuation
* Can be combined with Smart Positioners, Jacketing, and Automated Control Panel (ACP)
Model numbers: Type 40 to Type 49
ManiFlow Selector Valve
The SchuF Group Maniflow Selector Valve (MSV) - a multiport selector valve type - is based on over 40 years of diverter valve experience. It is used in oil fields and other Oil and Gas applications.
Application of the ManiFlow selector valve The key application is for the testing and analysis of oil from two or more production wells. Typically this is achieved with a manifold with extensive piping and multiple valves.
Maniflow Selector Valve Operation There are normally numerous (6 to 8) production inlets, one test outlet, one main outlet and a selector mechanism. The crude flow from any of the incoming wells can be diverted via the funnel like selector to the test outlet. The remaining crude is "manifolded" from the other inlets and exits directly via the main outlet. Rotating the funnel like selector causes the crude to flow from any one of the other wells to the test outlet.
Features & Benefits:
* Combined production and test manifold
* Unifies multiple well head flows in one valve body
* Significantly reduces space, weight and cost
* Reduces the number of isolation valves required
* Radial or metal to metal sealing
Model number: Type 48SZ ManiFlow Selector-Valve
Sampling Valves & Sample Valve Solutions
SchuF produces one of the broadest ranges of sampling valves available. Many of our valves are exclusive designs for specific custom applications. They are widely used in the Refinery, Pharmaceutical, Fine Chemicals, Biochemical, Plastics and Polymer industries.
Sampling Valve Applications: The valves are most commonly used to simplify the extraction of samples from or the injection into tanks, reactors, or pipelines and allow for trouble free service over long periods of time. SchuF has a variant for whatever process element is most important for your application, whether it be fire safety, ease of maintenance, high temperature, or zero leakage, or a combination of all elements.
Key Characteristics of SchuF Sampling Valves
* Modular Design to meet diverse sampling requirements
* Top, bottom or side sampling variants
* No Deadspace
* Non clogging, self cleaning Rod Seal design
* Replaceable seal rings for ease of maintenance
* Automatic Crust Breaking with Rod Seal variants
* All valves have Leakage Class VI shut off (100% tested)
* Available in a fire safe version with certification ISO 10497
* Can be combined with sample bottles, integral heating jackets, flushing ports, extended Rams and bodies, T-Pieces, various inlet connections and half-couplings etc.
Sampling Valve Model Numbers: Model 30 (line sampling and injection valves), Model 31/33 (wafer sampling valves), Model 32 (screw in sampling valves), and Model 35 (submersed sampling valves).
Sample Valve Sizing and Material: Depending on application, sizes from half inch to twelve inch and larger on request. Please see attached PDF files for more detailed dimension information. Sampling Valves are available in all materials including cast-steel, stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium, Zirconium and others on request. They can also be PTFE and glass lined.
Automatic Recirculation Valve
The SchuF automatic recirculation valve is a unique design whose performance has been perfected through simulation and joint research and development with the universities of Magdeburg and Darmstadt.
Operation of Minimum Flow Valve (ARV): Minimum Flow or Automatic Recirculation Valves automatically protect centrifugal pumps during low load operation. As the pump's load drops below a preset flow rate, the valve's disc moves towards it's seat and causes the bypass bush to open a bypass flow path. The pump minimum flow rate is thus reached and maintained.
Automatic Recirculation Valve Applications: A common application is to protect pumps which handle hot water for boiler feeding or cooling water plants, where partial evaporation of the water content might otherwise cause the pump to run dry. Even when the flow rate through the main valve to the boiler is completely shut off, a minimum flow is maintained. Another application is to protect high performance pumps during a start up phase. In this scenario, several pumps are used in parallel with one in stand-by. The pump recirculation valve enables the swap to occur without damage to the pumps. SchuF's unique design is widely used in the Power, Paper and Pulp, Maritime, Refining and Chemical industries.
Advantages of the SchuF Automatic Recirculation Valve
* Unique design
* Combines both check and bypass features
* Proprietary Cv calculation system
* Minimum flow protection
* No external actuation required
* 3 Phase Slurry and High pressure variants available
Automatic Recirculation Valve Sizing Depending on the process application, sizes from 1 inch to 24 inch are available as standard. Larger sizes on request.
Automatic Recirculation Valve Materials Pump Recirculation valves are available in all materials including cast-steel; stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium, Zirconium and others.
Model number: Type 78
Angle Control valve solutions for process flow, level control or pressure letdown
SchuF angle control valves are designed to regulate flow, level, temperature or pressure within a vessel, pipeline or process. They are used in the refinery, petrochemical, polymer, mineral processing and power industries.
Applications of Engineered Angle Control Valves: Experience meets high tech Angle control valves are most commonly used to let down pressure, regulate level and flow, three way mixing and distributive control for PTA, polymers (PET & PBT, PU PVC etc.), coal and heavy oil upgrading, gasification and liquefaction, salt and brine, urea, 3 phase slurry handling, or high pressure acid leaching processes. SchuF angle control valves are ideal for severe operating conditions with high flow rates, high pressure or temperature drops, corrosive & erosive substances, vibrations or where crystallisation can be an issue. SchuF has developed over 20,000 special angle control valves. Each has its own specific characteristics tailored to the process control elements that are most important for it.
Characteristics of SchuF Angle Control Valves:
* Proprietary Cv sizing for 3 phase flow
* Continuous acceleration body design moves flashing from the body into the vessel, preventing cavitation as well as deposits in the valve
* Integral plug and stem
* Control characteristics optimisation using the SchuF Bell x³ Control Curve (linear and equal % also available)
* Dead space free control
* Unique patented spindle protector
* Choice of inlet angle 90°, 45° or 60 degrees
Control Valve Options:
* Jacketed central body and integrated flushing options
* Special material and surface treatments are available (see below)
* Integrated & complete slurry line flushing from transfer inlet to angle control valve
* Available in a fire safe version with certification to ISO 10497
* Can be combined with Smart Positioners, Air Fail-Safe systems, and Automated Control Panel
* Flexible design to meet diverse control process requirements based on over 4o years experience and CFD Simulation
Control Valve Sizing and Materials Choice: Depending on the nature of the application, angle control valve sizes from 1" to 24" are available as standard. Special sizes can also be made on request (typically up to 36").
Process Control Valves are available in all materials including cast-steel, stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium (all castable grades), Zirconium, and increasingly in Duplex and Super Duplex such as DIN 1.4462/3 and CD4MCu. They can be PTFE and glass lined and surface treatments include Titanium Nitriding, Canadizing, and Stelliting. Trims are available in solid ceramics and Tungsten Carbide.
Control Valve Model Numbers:
* Model 71 (High pressure Shut-Off Control Valve)
* Model 72 (In-line control valve)
* Model 74 (Angle control valves)
* Model 76 (Wafer control valve)
Y Globe Valves
The SchuF Y Globe valve is unique in respect of its flexibility, high Cv and reliable performance.
It can be provided as a standard Y Globe valve or as a special control valve for severe service applications. They are widely used in Plastic and Polymer Industry as well as control variants in the Petrochemical, Chemicals, mineral processing and Refining industries.
Y Globe Valve Applications: Y Globe valves offer the perfect compromise between flow and sealing requirements. The flow control characteristics are much better than a globe valve, while the zero leakage sealing performance far excel that of a ball valve.
Key Characteristics of SchuF Y Globe Valves:
* Designed to operate in temperatures up to 700 degrees C
* Suitable for ASME pressure rating of 2500# or high vacuum
* Available with a disc or piston plug
* Dead space free
* Extremely low leakage to atmosphere options (with stuffing box or bellow seal to atmosphere)
* High Vacuum version features a completely enclosed yoke
* Control trim and equal %, linear or X3 bell control curve characteristics
* Cleaning in service through flushing port(s)
* Disk grinding option available
* Can be partially or fully jacketed
* Can be combined to and from Multiport valves
* High level of Customisation as required
Y Globe Valve Sizing: Depending on application, sizes from one inch to 24 inch as standard and larger on request.
Y Globe Valves Materials: Y Globe valves are available in all materials including cast-steel; stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium, Zirconium and others.
Y Globe Valve Model Numbers:
Model 50 (Y Globe Valve)
Model 51 (high vacuum variant)
Model 52 (two part body with light replaceable seat).
Spray Rinse Valves
The SchuF Group Spray rinse valves are designed to effectively rinse large tanks, vessels or reactors without the need to open them. We refer to them as closed reactor or industrial cleaning tank valves. Invented by Fetterolf in 1983 Spray Rinse valves are today offered in two designs and manufactured by both Fetterolf and SchuF. The Fetterolf design incorporates spray slots in a rotating head, whilst the SchuF design uses nozzles in a linear head. They have seen reliable service is several industries over the past 25 years.
Spray Rinse Valve Applications: Their primary use is the cleaning of vessels in closed reactor technology. They are frequently found in the Plastics & Polymer (especially PVC), Fine Chemicals and Pharmaceutical industries. Spray rinse valves can be used to clean vessels after each batch operation. Water, steam, solvents and anti-sticking agents can be injected and are sprayed in a distinct and efficient manner in the vessel. This leads to longer reactor production cycles and the most cost efficient use of cleaning agents.
Spray Rinse Valve Characteristics:
* Design eliminates the need to open or close vessel for cleaning
* Directs, controls, and uses cleaning agents efficiently
* Can be built in any specified stainless steel, pressure ratings and temperatures
* Customised spray pattern, pressure and quantity
* Rotating spray head option
* Positive metal to metal shut-off
* Exchangeable seat and spray head
* No clogging guaranteed, due to pre-designed “leakage” path
Spray Rinse Valve Sizing: Custom defined and according to application material.
Materials used in Spray Rinse Valves: Spray Rinse valves are available in all materials, although the norm is stainless steel.
Type 27S (Base Spray Rinse Valve)
Type 27F (Rotating head variant)
Line Blind Valves – Cam-Set, Cam-Slide & Stacey
The SchuF Group designs and manufactures a fast, easy to use and safety conscious Line Blind Valve range. They are often refered to as spectacle blinds, figure of eights, or blinding systems.
Industry Using Line Blinding Systems: Their primary use is to completely close off the downstream portion of a pipeline in a safe way. They are frequently found in the Petrochemical, Steel, Pulp and Paper, Maritime and Oil & Refinery industries. They are often refered to as spectacle blinds, figures of eight, spectacle plates or paddle blinds.
Line Blind Valve Applications: Positive pipeline close/off is vital in many piping systems to assure safety of personnel working on downstream equipment, particularly when flammable, toxic liquids or gases could seep past a closure. When visible proof of shut/off is necessary, a line blind is mandatory to comply with plant safety regulations. Available in three variants as Cam-Set, Cam-Slide or Stacey Line Blind Valves.
Key Characteristics of the SchuF Cam-Set:
* Absolute positive Shut-Off
* No spreading of pipe required
* Seal unaffected by piping misalignment
* Simple, one man, spectacle changing from one side of the line
* 316 SST as standard, other materials upon request
* Special anti corrosive coatings such as epoxy, polyurethane and Sermetel ceramic are available if required
Valves for Alumina Production
SchuF designs and manufactures slurry valves specifically for the Alumina industry. The valves for Alumina Production are designed for applications where erosion and scaling are a constant concern. These valves are provided with a disc turning device to help clean and grind seats.
Key Characteristics of the SchuF Valve for Alumina Production:
* Valves are designed to ANSI/ASME B16.34
* Pressure ratings from PN 10 up to PN 160 (ANSI/ASME 150 to ANSI/ASME 900)
* Flange connections according to DIN EN 1092 or ANSI/ASME B16.5
* Pressure test according to API 598
* Valve body wall thickness oversized to maintain integrity in the event of possible erosion or abrasion
* Reinforced pad around the valve body, up to 180°, to allow the option of added flushing/drain nozzles
* Enlarged stem diameter to increase durability
* Sealing surfaces of disc and seat stellited
* Packing area specifically designed for alumina service
* Yoke-actuator connection standardised for different types of actuator
* Manufactured under quality system ISO 9001
* The grinding device can be used while the valve is installed. This ensures: easy handling, can be used by the operators, no down time
* Tapered seat design
* Internal linings to avoid erosion, abrasion or corrosion
* Stem protection or stem hard facing
Valve Sizing: Depending on the nature of the application, sizes from two inch to thirty six inch are available as standard. Special sizes can also be made on request.
Materials used in the Valve for Alumina Production: Alumina Slurry Valves are available in ASTM 216 Grade WCB for the body yoke and stuffing box. The disc and seat are in Carbon steel and the sealing surfaces are stellited. High pressure variants are available in ASTM A 516 Grade 60. The gasket is spiral wound and the packing is graphite. Internal linings and stem protection are optional.
Valve Model Numbers:
Models 16 + 17 (Tank Bottom Valve variants)
Model 18 (Angle Valve variant)
Model 19 (Bayonet Angle Valve variant)
Model 50 (Y Globe Valve Variant).
In- Tank Emergency Shut-off Valves
The primary application of emergency shut off valves is to ensure the safety of storage tanks containing dangerous fluids and gases such as LNG, Chlorine, VCM, VC, Propane, Propylene, or Ammonia. The valves are held open by an air actuator placed on or below the tank. In case of an emergency, the air supply is interrupted. A weight or a spring slams the inlying valve shut, securing the tank and its contents.
API 625 Standard for "Tank Systems for Refrigerated Liquefied Gas Storage" According to the new API 625 Standard double or full containment tanks require the installation of in-tank valves which are to be automatically activated during a loss of electrical power or due to failure of external piping. SchuF in-tank valve Model 73BH and Model 73ID achieve the API 625 Standard, designed and installed to prevent gas leakage and any nozzle penetration resulting from external pipe strain.
Key Advantages of SchuF Tank Valve:
* Valve design that guarentees safety
* The in-lying valve seal is unaffected by damage to pipework or to the valve itself
* All valves have bellow sealed spindles
* Emergency stuffing box is standard
* Automatic opening by air pressure
* Emergency handwheel and control accessories are available on request
* Required to fulfill API 625 Standard for "Refrigerated liquefied gas storage"
In-Tank Shut Off Valve Model Numbers:
Model 29 (Bottom Outlet Variant)
Model 73 (Disc or lift plug variant)
Changeover Valve / Selector Valve
The SchuF Changeover valves has been reliable service in several industries over the past 40 years. Their major use is with dual safety relief valves.
Changeover Valve Applications: Changeover valves are a switchover valve, switching flow from one pipeline to another. They are sometimes referred to as "selector" valves. Changeover valves are well suited to applications where mandatory pressure relief devices (rupture discs and relief valves) are installed as dual devices. The design of the changeover valve ensure that at least one of the two pressure relief devices is always in service and full relief flow is guaranteed during changeover. They are also widely used in Plastic and Polymer, Offshore, and Refining industries to handle process media.
Other applications include:
# switching from one production line to another,
# selecting to and from dual filtration systems,
# selecting to and from multiple heat exchangers,
# proportioning between two sources or terminals, refluxing or dumping, or
# manifolding where total shut off of media flow is dangerous, offensive, or produces process stoppage
Characteristics of SchuF Changeover Valves
* Available as a standard changeover valve, a vacuum version and as a ditch valve
* Shut off both valve outlets at the same time is impossible
* Deadspace free
* Temperature ratings up to 700 degrees C
* Suitable for pressure rating of ASME 2500 or high vacuum
* Extremely low leakage (TA Luft) to atmosphere (with stuffing box, or bellow sealing)
* Cleaning in service through flushing port(s)
* Actuation by hand, pneumatic, or electrical
* Can be partially or fully jacketed
* Can be combined with Multiport valves
* High level of customisation is possible
Changeover Valve Sizing and Materials:
Changeover valves are available in all materials including cast-steel; stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium, Zirconium and others. Depending on application, sizes from one inch to 24 inch as standard and larger on request.
Changeover Valve Model Numbers:
Model 60 (Base Changeover Valve),
Model 61 (High vacuum variant),
Model 62 (Right angle variant)
Model 63 (Ditch valve)
Model 69 (Tandem valve range)